Areas of Activity
The working area of the Organization shall be the whole of Bangladesh.
- NAHAB as an alliance of local and national humanitarian actors shall work in all divisions and districts for promoting localization in humanitarian actions in Bangladesh.
- The ultimate beneficiaries of this alliance will be the disaster and emergency affected grassroots communities.
Type of Activities
The activities of NAHAB will be guided by the following theme
- NAHAB will closely work with the government to facilitate participation of local and national NGOs in any humanitarian action at local level.
- It will undertake steps aimed at making humanitarian actions needful and effective to reach the neediest affected people.
- Represent collective voice of humanitarian actions in appropriate forum and meet relevant agencies and personnel at local, national and international levels.
- Expand the membership base within Bangladesh and become associated with other national or international bodies, institutions, organizations that fulfill the objective of NAHAB
- Advocacy with the government to uphold the voice of humanitarian actors, particularly its members for balanced humanitarian system of Bangladesh.
- Advocacy with international organizations to recognize the balanced role of local and national humanitarian actors along with international actors.
- Create a culture of cross-learning across NAHAB members and also with other relevant agencies for expanding existing knowledge base and wider dissemination of lessons and good practices.
- Facilitate training programs, seminars, workshop and meetings for Non-Government, Semi-Government and government organizations, voluntary agencies and societies, local government bodies, institutions and individuals for attaining the objectives of the Organization.
- NAHAB will advocate for increased allocation of national and international financial and non-financial resources and to channelize those through local and national level institutions.
- Facilitate the institution-building and expanding the existing institutional capacity of local and national NGOs for accessing technical and financial resources.